Talentroo is global platform of individuals pursuing work and companies looking to hire. The platform is driven by user content posted to our site, as well as our community of job seekers currently pursuing, or looking to pursue work. We take our role as job facilitator seriously and are always looking for ways to improve. If you have any questions or concerns please send us an email. Talentroo is constantly updating and moderating remote workers profiles posted live on the website. We ask every member on Talentroo to act responsibly. If you see something that you believe may violate our policies, please send us an email. These reports help us identify and prevent abuse and misbehaviour. We reserve the right to remove any profiles at any time for any reason and we may limit the visibility of certain content, remove content from our platform, or even restrict a member’s account in the event of severe or repeated offences If you believe action taken on your content or your account was in error, you can send us an email. Please see below guidelines for more information..
Guidelines for member profiles - Remote worker and Recruiter Profiles
1. Be trustworthy. Our members must be real people, who provide their real name and accurate information about themselves. We don’t allow fake profiles on our platform and it’s not okay to provide misleading or deceptive information about yourself, your qualifications, work experience, affiliations, or achievements.
Impersonation & Misrepresentation
You may not impersonate others or mislead, confuse, or deceive. Pretending to be someone else or representing a business in a way that’s not truthful is not allowed. You’re not allowed to use an image of someone else, or an artificial or synthetic image, as a representation of yourself. You may not post “deepfake” images or videos of others or otherwise post content that has been manipulated to deceive. You likewise may not associate yourself on Talentroo with a business or organization that you are not actually associated with. You may not use or attempt to use another person's Talentroo account or create a member profile for anyone other than yourself. When choosing a profile picture, you may not use an image that is not your likeness for your profile. The fact that Talentroo, in rare cases, may allow clearly fictional profiles with express prior permission does not waive our right to prohibit your false profile or false association with a business or organization.
2. Be Professional When creating a profile, we ask that you keep it professional, relevant, and on-topic. Do not share false information or use the services to shock or intimidate others. And it is not okay to share graphic, obscene, or pornographic content on the services.
Honesty and authenticity
Be honest, forthright, and respectful. Only invite people that you know, that are recommended to you by trusted connections, or that you otherwise trust to join your network. You may not use the services to share false content or information.
Your profile information should be on-topic and relevant. Talentroo strives to be a professional community for professionals.
3. Be Safe We strive to maintain a civil and friendly community for our members. The services shouldn't be used to harm others or their careers or business prospects or to air personal grievances and disputes. It is not okay to harass, abuse, or send other unwelcome communications to people (e.g., romantic advances, sexually explicit content, junk mail, spam, chain letters, phishing schemes). We do not allow hate speech, hate groups, terrorists, or those who engage in violent crimes on the services.
Bullying and harassment
We don’t allow bullying or harassment that targets individuals or groups to degrade or shame. This includes abusive language, sexual advances and innuendo, revealing others' personal or sensitive information (aka "doxing"), posting content about them without consent, or inciting or engaging others to do any of the same.
We don’t allow content that denigrates, intimidates, or incites or threatens hatred, violence, or prejudicial action against individuals or groups because of their actual or perceived race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, or mental, medical, or physical condition. Hate groups are not welcome and not permitted on the services.
We don’t allow any threat of violence against an individual or a group on our platform. This includes statements of an intent to kill or inflict serious physical harm. We don’t allow individuals or groups that engage in or promote violence, property damage, or organized criminal activity. You may not use our services to express support for such individuals or groups or to post content or otherwise use the services to incite or glorify violence.
We don’t allow any terrorist organizations or violent extremist groups on our platform. And we don’t allow any individuals who affiliate with such organizations or groups to promote their activities. Content that depicts terrorist activity, that is intended to recruit for terrorist organizations, or threatens, promotes, or supports terrorism in any manner is not tolerated on the services.
Harmful content and shocking material
We don’t allow graphic or other content intended to shock or humiliate others. We don’t allow activities that promote, organize, depict, or facilitate criminal activity. We also don’t allow content depicting or promoting instructional weapon making, drug abuse, and threats of theft. Content or activities that promote or encourage suicide or any type of self-injury, including self-mutilation and eating disorders, is also not allowed. If you see signs that someone may be considering self-harm, please report it.
Spam and scams
We do not allow untargeted, irrelevant, obviously unwanted, unauthorized, inappropriately commercial or promotional, or gratuitously repetitive messages or other similar content. Do not use our communication features to send promotional messages to people you don’t know or to otherwise spam people. .
4. Respect others' rights and follow the law. Before sharing or using someone else's copyrighted works, trademarks, private information, or trade secrets, make sure you have the legal right to do so. The services should not be used for illegal activities, promoting illegal products, or violating the rights of others. Don't use the services to commit fraud or to try to trick others. Also, don't use the services to intentionally distribute viruses, worms, or other software that can destroy or interrupt others' data or computer devices.
Privacy and publicity
You must respect others' privacy on the services. You may not solicit email addresses or other personal information from Talentroo members you don't know without authorization; use, disclose or distribute any data obtained in violation of any of our policies or agreements; disclose information that you don’t have the right to disclose (such as personal or confidential information of others, including your employer); or post or distribute content depicting children without the necessary consent from such child's legal guardian or parent. Don’t use others' names, likenesses, or photos to suggest an endorsement of a product, service, or investment without their prior consent.
Compliance with law
Your use of the services must comply with all applicable laws including, without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, anti-spam laws, export control laws, tax laws, and regulatory requirements. You may not use the services to create or operate a pyramid scheme, engage in fraud, or to sell or promote illegal products, including drugs.
Copyright and trademark
We respect the intellectual property rights of others and don’t allow copyright infringement. You may not violate the intellectual property rights of others, including copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets, or other proprietary rights. For example, don’t copy or distribute (except through the available sharing functionality) the posts or other content of others without their permission, which they may give by posting under a Creative Commons license.
5. Respect Talentroo's rights. Don't violate the rights of Talentroo. See our User Agreement for more info. It’s not okay to suggest that you’re affiliated with or endorsed by Talentroo when you’re not. Don’t violate our intellectual property rights, scrape the services, or interfere with or disrupt the services.Learn more about respecting Talentroo's rights.
Unauthorized access and use
You may access the services only in the manner that we expressly authorize, for the tasks that the services are intended for. You may not access the services except through the interfaces intentionally provided by Talentroo.
Interference with the Services
You may not interfere with the functionality of, or our rights in, the services. You may not remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the services.
Respect our rules
You must follow the spirit and letter of our rules, agreements, and policies. You may not violate any additional terms concerning the specific services that are provided when you sign up for or start using such services.
Contact details If you have any questions about the community, please contact us on email.