We are sourcing a Dutch legal specialist in EU consumer/E-commerce law.
In order to manage this flow, we are currently looking for a legal specialist in consumer law. As most of our entities are based in the Netherlands, a candidate from the Netherlands or the EU would be preferred. However, as we work from home, you can be based anywhere.
You will be tasked with:
- Updating the existing terms and conditions/reference documents on an on-going basis to make sure they reflect current legislation and business processes.
- Helping to create new terms and conditions for new countries, such as Brazil, South Korea, and more.
- Advising the management team in all legal matters, regarding policies and processes.
- Being our spokesperson for all legal matters.
- Liaising with our external law firm to make sure they deliver the desired output in a timely fashion.
- Liaising with our partner to discuss all legal matters, ranging from new and updated terms and conditions via customer issues, such as complaints to dealing with the legal side of media attention
- Setting a legal roadmap for 2021 for all our platforms which strikes a good balance between consumer and commercial interests, such as:
- Improving and updating our reference documents
- Standardizing terms and conditions (as much as possible)
- Improving payment information on our platforms
- Improving information towards our customers
- You have at least 3-5 experience in consumer law
- Knowledge of Dutch or EU consumer/e-commerce law is preferred
- You’re fluent in English and preferably Dutch too
- You’re available 20 – 40 hours a week
- You know how to find a balance between commercial and legal interests
- You’re a team player and can communicate well with external parties
- You are available during office hours (10 AM – 4 PM UTC +1)