Medilink International has been providing a successful aeromedical service for the past 20 years. We
currently operate three medical air bases out of Malta, Algeria and Angola and provide a fast, reliable
medevac service internationally. Medilink International Air Ambulance has performed over 200 Air
Ambulance flights from remote and highly challenging locations as such as Libya with countless medical
commercial escort missions across the world. We have a proven record of providing medical evacuation
services to the Oil & Gas, Mining, Insurance, TPAs, Embassies & Government and Infrastructure
The flight Doctor is an integral part of the air ambulance service and is to participate in active air
ambulance missions by participating the medical crew “stand by” roster and the Flight Desk roster. The
Air Ambulance activity is mainly concentrated around evacuations from North Africa / West Africa back
into Europe. When not performing flight desk or air ambulance duties the role will appropriately support
duties related to the proper functioning and maintaining of the medical equipment, consumables and a
- Works in collaboration with flight nurse, the medical team, the Base Manager and the Medical Director, as needed, to ensure that the patient care plan is appropriate, comprehensive and amended as required.
- Provides medical expertise to patient and staff in accordance with accepted standards and congruent Medilink International Air Ambulance (MIAA) policies, procedures and protocols.
- Communicates effectively and professionally at all times with patients, families, colleagues, hospital staff and clients.
- In collaboration with the medical team, provides accurate and clear documentation of patient care.
- Works interdependently with flight crew and mission control to ensure that effective communication is maintained.
- Promotes the customer service philosophy of MIAA in all activities.
Flight Desk Doctor
- Work with the flight desk operations team to coordinate air Ambulance Missions.
- Evaluate medical reports of patients and provide input to the flight desk so as to select the most appropriate air ambulance solution for the patient.
- In the event of a 3rd party Air Ambulance provider, engage with their medical team to provide necessary medical info for the mission.
- Together with Flight Desk Ops engage with client providing necessary information and assurances
- Provide or update “Fit to Fly” for patients
- Provide input for definitive care facilities.
- Contribute to the Air Ambulance mission plan and follow throughout the execution of the mission.
- Brief medical crew and provide support to the mission flight crew when required.
- Provide overflow capacity to the TopSide Support Doctor
- Provide telemedicine support as needed.
- Support the Quality Assurance program for the air ambulance service, including real time clinical patient record reviews, feedback and incident reporting systems, as well as ensuring compliance with all Medilink International Air Ambulance and EURAMI requirements.
- Ensure compliance with Medilink International medical transport standards, within the air ambulance program.
- Participate and provide input in the monthly flight service meeting.
Qualifications & Experience:
▪ Emergency Physician, Anaesthetist or Intensivist other specialist as necessary.
▪ Current registration with the Medical Council.
▪ Minimum of 5 years post-graduation working experience.
▪ ATLS, ACLS, PHTLS, PALS, Airway Management and Aeromedical (can be provided if not current).
- Capable of building and maintaining productive and professional business relationships.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to remain steady under pressure.
- A team player but able to work individually.
- Proactive approach to resolve situations.
- Problem solving abilities.
- Able to perform administrative tasks.
- Shift based work.
- Must be able to work shifts on weekends, holidays, and nights.
- Prior Aeromedical exposure
- Arabic Speaker
- French Speaker
- Portuguese Speaker
- Spanish Speaker.
Does this sound interesting? Please apply by clicking the button below. If you have the right profile for the job, our hiring manager will be in touch with you for more information about the job and the client.